The MiT BiTe is advanced in to the left atrium
The device is positioned at the level of the mitral anullus (echo guided process) while mitral leaflets are beating
Suction is applied (white arrows) in synchrony with the ECG
Both mitral leaflets are attracted at the level of the two grasping holes where suction is applied
The 'bites' are activated and leaflets attracted
Once the leaflets are grasped, the residual mitral/tricuspid regurgitation and the position of the clip (tip of the cannula) is checked. If satisfactory, then the clips is finally deployed and disconnected from the body. Otherwise further repositioning is sought.
Suction is reapplied
If satisfactory, the bite is activated
The clip is released
- Two sensors: green when both occluded (two lights); red with no leaflets engagement.
- ECG synchronized. Suction is activated during systole at the moment of the closure of the leaflets.
- Blood filter: reduces the suctioning of the cannula. The aspiration of the blood is also reduced by the body collapse while is under pressure
- High negative pressure/vacuum system.
- Body cannula is also connected to a roller pump/and resevoir. Blood may be then processed and returned to the patients
Smart stylet to the joystick.